MedNet is a student representation network that gathers 14 national unions of students around the Mediterranean area: CREUP (Spain), CSC (Croatia), FAGE (France), FAIRe (Portugal), KSU (Malta), NSUM (Macedonia), NUIS (Israel), POFEN (Cyprus), SSU (Slovenia), SURS (Bosnia and Herzegovina), SUS (Serbia),SKONUS (Serbia), UNEA (Algeria), NASC (Bulgaria) and CEFA-UL (Lebanon).
General InformationThroughout its years of existence, and with capacity building seminars and meetings, MedNet has helped strengthen the bonds between the unions involved, especially within the ESIB/ESU framework.
MedNet is guided by the values of liberty, democracy, equality, the rule of law and respect for human rights and human dignity. We believe in the right of all people to have equal opportunity in education, regardless of their social class, ethnicity, background or physical disabilities. We believe in the right of all people to access information by all means and the right to express themselves freely.
Among other, MedNet has the objective to:
- Facilitate information exchange through and between student representatives.
Produce and promote a common Mediterranean policy on the social, educational, economical, political and cultural interests of Mediterranean students.
- Promote the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, in order to achieve the solidarity and stability emerging there from, specifically in issues that affect student life as such and students as human beings.
- Promote the views of Mediterranean students.
- Promote equality for all students regardless of their political belief, religion, ethnic or cultural origin, gender, sexual orientation, social standing or any disability.
- Promote equal opportunities of access to higher education for all students.
- Provide support to student representatives in the Mediterranean in their work to protect their social, educational, economical, political, demographical and cultural interests.
- Promote the freedom of association within the Mediterranean area by every means possible.
- Promote the right of all people to access information by all means and the right to express themselves freely.